Midwife in Yardley, PA
Looking for a midwife in Yardley, PA? At our facility, we work closely with our medical partners and have the support of the OB/GYNs in our practice if we need it. A midwife is a healthcare professional who provides a spectrum of health care services for women, ranging from gynecological examinations, contraceptive counseling, prescriptions, and labor and delivery care.
The midwives at Delaware Valley OBGYN, will work close with you to make informed decisions about your care as well as the delivery. We believe it is your birth and you have the ability within the parameters of safety to create the birthing experience you feel appropriate. To get a better look, get to know them here.
Benefits of Midwife In Yardley PA
- Decreased risk of needing a cesarean
- Reduced rates of labor induction and augmentation
- Reduced use of regional anesthesia
- Decreased infant mortality rates
- Decreased risk of preterm birth
- Decreased third and fourth-degree perineal tears
- Lower costs for both clients and insurers
- Increased chances of having a positive start to breastfeeding
- Increased satisfaction with the quality of care
The members of our Midwife Team at Delaware Valley OB/GYN are Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) – registered nurses who have had a graduate education in midwifery. They have all completed post-graduate education from a program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME). They also have passed the national certification exam of the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB).